Monday, October 15, 2012

Motif Monday: Crown Jewels

Crown Jewels Motif

It seems that this might actually end up a Tuesday post. I was out of town today (as it seems I am a lot on Mondays) and I tried to crochet this motif while I was gone, but I didn't quite succeed. Half of it is from my sister's house and the other half was after I got home (hence the bad pictures taken in the dark). Here it is!:

Row One

Row Two

Row Three

Row Four

Row Five

Row Six

Row Seven

Row Eight

Row Nine

Row Ten

I don't recommend doing this motif unless you absolutely-I'm-gonna-die-love it because the pattern is really annoying. Firstly, it's not done all in one go, I had to tie off and start again twice, so it's really three parts. Secondly, it's not evenly spaced and my OCD was freaking out. I tried to even it a little, but it's still irking me. It is pretty though and when it's all done you can't tell it has those issues anyway. But it's also more solid that I usually like; I really prefer the lacier looking ones. Here's a link to the pattern if you wanna give it a go! Have a nice week!

-merely

No comments:

Post a Comment