Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Review: Waverly for Bernat

Waverly Yarn Review

So Fridays I thought I would do a nice review of crochet (or maybe sometimes knitting) accouterments. I couldn't think of a snazzy name, but maybe it's better that way. Anyway, let's get started!

yarn

As much time as I spend with yarn I haven't yet gotten to the point of buying fancy natural fibers... for one very acceptable reason: I haven't got the cash for it. Sad, I know, but that's ok. Also, I think I'm a bit allergic to wool. Wool is probably the cheapest natural fiber yarn you can get, and I think it's really lovely, but working with it too much makes my fingers hurt. Is that common?

yarn

Waverly for Bernat is probably one of my favorite acrylic yarns. It has a very plush feel to it and a nice soft look. This color that I have is called "Birch White", which you can also see in use in my previous post. That post will also show you the colors "Greek Sea" (darker) and "Aqua Frost" (lighter). It comes in several other colors, but not as many as I would like and they're mostly in a subdued pallet. They mostly all compliment each other though so that's really nice. Plus, it's from Turkey and I think that's pretty cool.

yarn

I hope that was helpful! Feel free to ask me any questions about this yarn or suggest ways in which I can give a better review!

-merely

No comments:

Post a Comment