Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Brief History

I thought I should start from the beginning (a very good place to start). I was first taught to crochet by a friend in high school. I think that I was about seventeen, so as it happens, I've been crocheting on and off for about a decade. The first thing I made was a sadly misshapen scarf that I unfortunately don't have a picture of and have since lost track of. Everything I've learned since then has been either guess work, youtube video, or, on rare occasion, an actual pattern. I'm not good at patterns, mostly because my mind tends to wonder and I almost always pick up in the wrong place. This would be frustrating if I cared to follow patterns, but I don't. I much prefer to find a picture of something already made and try to copy it just by looking at it. I like this because mine will always turn out slightly, or extremely different. i don't like everything looking exactly the same. I've never made the same thing twice, even if it was the same thing.

I thought I would share a few pictures of things I've made previous to this blog. Some are really old and some are fairly recent, but these are the only ones I could find pictures of on my computer! :P

Baby Blanket

Kyo the Cat

Birdie

Mushroom Bag

Mother's Day Octopus

Pterodactyl

Teddy

Pink Bunny

Plaid Scarf

White Bunny

Hello Kitty Beanie (and my sister!)

Christmas Bunny

So there you go. It'll be nice to have this post to compare my progress to. :)

-merely

No comments:

Post a Comment